Most real estate agents will explain to you that nothing is more appealing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a feeling of style and charm into any kitchen. There are many other benefits of solid wood kitchen cabinets.
1. Natural wood cabinets fit any kitchen style. There are actually certain practices about the woods and finishes mostly utilized in a variety of kitchen layouts, not to mention customs about cabinet door styles. For instance, a darker solid wood like ebony, mahogany or cherry is best suited in a classic, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in present-day styles.
2. Wood cabinets are sturdy and long lasting. Wood base cabinets will effortlessly support virtually any counter top material, including stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under heavy use, in addition to steam and heat. Most little marks, dents or scratches can be simply mended. Over time, wood can certainly be re-finished, fixed, cleaned and even, painted or stained.
3. Wood made cabinets are clearly considerably better than any material which happens to be MDF or veneered. Cabinets which were constructed with glue should be thoroughly maintained simply because the glue will likely to be weakened by the dampness after some time and the laminate or veneer will start to curl or peel. Timber does not curl or peel.
4. Solid wood kitchen cabinets come in a wide selection of wood options and stains, allowing a homeowner to pick the color and wood that best suit the style and décor of their home. Numerous woods can typically be completed in numerous ways to produce a extraordinary patina.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, there isn’t anything in wood cabinets which can chemically alter the food stored in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets won’t ever go out of style. Because of this, their beauty and warmth boost the visual appeal and value of a residence when it’s time for you to sell.
Learning these points, you now have a better understanding regarding why people like hardwood kitchen cabinets instead of any other type.